Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The container is off!

Karine and Donna, two of the three founders of Niteo, apparently enjoyed loading the container!

Tuesday, April 15th, at 11am, the container arrived at Verna's and was loaded to start its journey to the Eva Ruff Center in Kampala. Since the middle of February, we've been gathering supplies to equip the new center. We've collected books, teacher resources, games, clothes, quilts, dolls, furniture, computers... it was great to be part of the generosity of the community. Thank you to everyone who contributed.

I wasn't there to help load the container because of work but I do have some photos to share of the event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is all just amazing. I had not idea, until I saw the pictures of the container, what a huge undertaking this is (OK,yes, I need to get caught up reading this blog :) ).
Looking forward to "tagging along" via your updates.

- hotflash (LN)