Friday, August 7, 2009

I LOVE it here!

Have I mentioned how much I love being here? That I could spend the rest of my life here? It is unbelievable.

Today was SO TOTALLY AWESOME (as Bree, the 18 year old team member, would say)! We went to Kawanda and I saw all my wonderful friends there. They welcomed me with handshakes and hugs and if Mr. Hussein had offered me a job, I would have said yes without a second thought. It feels so warm and welcoming there.

Seeing Muhamad again was perfect. I have maintained a regular email conversation with him about school and our lives and it was so incredible connecting with him once more. He wants to come to Canada in the winter "but I cannot breathe below 15 degrees" he explains. I think that seeing snow may be rather difficult!!!

This afternoon we attended the awarding ceremony for the Leaders of Distinction program that Niteo supports. We heard about projects that high school students have put together to work as leaders with primary school students to improve the community. These students that spoke were so inspiring. I could write for days about it but I will end with a quote:

"Everything else is effect;
Leadership is the cause."

How perfect is that?!

No comments: