Thursday, June 18, 2015

Two weeks today...

I can hardly believe it! I am only two weeks away from sitting at the Vancouver International Airport, waiting to board the second of my flights on my journey to Uganda.

This year, my students are really excited about my work in Uganda and about my upcoming trip. They wrote postcards to their Uganda penpals today and asked about getting replies in the fall. Some were quite worried that I may not be able to find them to get them their replies but I promised that I would find them in their new classes and get the replies to them.

A group of my girls represented Uganda at their mini-World Cup tournament this past weekend. They had t-shirts printed and they waved Ugandan flags. Not all the international teams were so dedicated to representing their country so completely.

They even had a t-shirt for me so we all wore them today. I promised them that I would share the photo with the students in Uganda. I know they (the students here and the students there) will be thrilled.

One student asked me if I was excited about my trip and of course, despite everything that still needs to be done, I can very enthusiastically say "YES!"

Merci mes belles!



No comments: